The internet will fill our weekend timelines with praises and eulogies for Bush Sr. So this post will be updated over the week with what I consider to be more sane and rational reflections on the legacy of Bush, who was an establishment man to the core– dangerous to the freedoms of the American people and, due to the US’ empire status, to the freedoms of the world. Check back in as I add more to the list.
Updated as of 7:30pm Eastern
- I threw this together last night.
- Paleo-Conservative Dan McCarthy at the Spectator.
- Charles Burris at LRC has a great analysis of Bush and the Deep State establishment.
- Robert Parry on George H.W. Bush, the CIA and a Case of State-Sponsored Terrorism
- The great James Bovard writes on Bush and the First Gulf War.
- Ray McGovern weighs in.